Code and Business License Compliance
What is Code Compliance?
Code Compliance works with Boise's citizens to help resolve issues that impact quality of life, including complaints concerning violations of the zoning, sanitation and nuisance ordinances. Code Compliance also enforces business license regulations.
Code Compliance enforces the Boise City Code for businesses (Title 5), sanitation (Title 8-08) and zoning (Title 11). Code Compliance partners with businesses, neighborhood associations, agengies, non-profits and other concerned groups to resolve code violations. Code Compliance's goal is to help Boiseans resolve problems while dealing with these violations.
How to file a code compliance complaint
- Citizens may call our office at (208) 972-8150 or file an online complaint.
- Anonymous calls for service will not be accepted. However, the names of private citizens filing a complaint remain confidential from the public or press for the duration of the investigation into their complaint.
Code Compliance can help resolve:
- Business activities within a residential zone
- Businesses operating without a license
- Accumulation of junk, trash or garbage
- Outdoor storage of junk or debris
- Accumulation of weeds, open areas of dry vegetation
- Yard/garage sales every weekend
- Farm animals in residential areas
- Bushes, shrubs, trees or fences blocking vision at street or driveway intersections
- Abandoned or vacant buildings
- Residential parking (parking on lawn)
- People living in recreational vehicles
- Inoperable or junked vehicles, or vehicle parts on private property (in plain view)