The City currently uses two third-party solicitation programs, DemandStar and BidNet, to provide vendors automatic bid notification and access to bid information via the web. These programs enable the City of Boise to better connect with vendors and improve the overall efficiency of its purchasing operation.
Vendors are encouraged to participate in the City's system of electronic bid distribution. Membership with either of the programs; DemandStar or BidNet, offers vendors a number of important benefits:
- Automatic notification of bid opportunities and addendas via e-mail or fax
- Download bid and proposal packages at no charge
- Access to Planholders lists
- Access to contract award information
- Ability to submit sealed bid responses online for selected projects
Vendors may register for DemandStar services online www.demandstar.com/register.rsp or by calling 1-800-711-1712. Three membership options are available with DemandStar. We highly recommend you select “Free Agency” to download information at no charge.
Vendors may register for BidNet services online https://www.bidnetdirect.com/
or by calling 1-800-835-4603. BidNet registration is free.
Who should use the Procurement systems
- Individuals and businesses wanting to become a vendor or supplier for the City of Boise
- Established vendors who need to update their information to remain competitive
- Vendors who want to obtain copies of procurement opportunities
- Vendors who want to know the status of procurement opportunities
Registration with these programs is not a requirement for doing business with the City of Boise. However, if a vendor is not registered they will not receive automatic notification of new bid opportunities. Vendors opting not to register will be able to obtain bid information by picking up an electronic copy of the bid package at Financial Services, 1st Floor, City Hall, 150 N. Capital Blvd., Boise, ID.
*NOTE: These are private sites built and maintained by third-party vendors. The City of Boise does not endorse any sponsored links or other advertising which may appear on the sites.