Exempt Development Activities
The City Council allows the following development activities to be exempt from impact fees.
- Rebuilding the same amount of floor space of a structure which was destroyed by fire or other catastrophe, providing the structure is rebuilt and ready for occupancy within two (2) years of its destruction;
- Remodeling or repairing a structure which does not increase the number of service units;
- Replacing a residential unit, including a manufactured home, with another residential unit on the same lot, provided that the number of service units does not increase;
- Placing a temporary construction trailer or office on a lot;
- Constructing an addition on a residential structure which does not increase the number of service units;
- Adding uses that are typically accessory to residential uses, such as tennis courts or clubhouses, unless it can be clearly demonstrated that the use creates a significant impact on the capacity of system improvements.
Low and Moderate Income Housing Exemption
City Council may provide an exemption from impact fees for qualifying low and moderate income housing activities.